Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Flute

Flute

The flute is a musical instrument of the woodwind group. Unlike woodwind instruments with reeds, a flute is an aerophone or reedless wind instrument that produces its sound from the flow of air across an opening.

Categories of flute

In its most basic form, a flute can be an open tube which is blown like a bottle. There are several broad classes of flutes. With most flutes, the musician blows directly across the edge of the mouthpiece.

Another division is between side-blown flutes, such as the Western concert flute, piccolo, fife, daze, and bansuri; and end-blown flutes, such as the ney, xiao, kaval, danso, shakuhachi, Anasazi flute, and quena.
The Western concert flutes
The Indian bamboo flute
Chinese flute
Japanese flute
Sring

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi there Pathma Abeysingha,

I would like to thank you for your message. I just followed you in Friends Connect. I hope we could really be friends.

I like flute because I play a bamboo flute. I like the sound of the flute because it is romantic and very passionate like violins.

Hope to hear more from you anytime soon.

Take care.